|Your AWSLG Needs You!|
HELPING WITH GENERAL SITE MAINTENANCE
Our beautiful site, with all its buildings, green spaces and the brook requires a great deal of regular upkeep and repair. A lot of the work can be done by volunteers, which saves money and keeps plot rents down. Peter, our Ground Steward, leads a team of helpers who would welcome more willing hands, on a regular or occasional basis for the following jobs.
Every Saturday morning from 9.00 to 12.00 (refreshments provided). Some examples of jobs:
- pruning trees around the site
- maintaining the brook and keeping it clear of debris
- painting and repairing buildings
- checking and updating the security of our site and its boundaries
Two or three times a year on a Saturday morning from 9.00 (lunch provided).
- cleaning and tidying up public areas (usually in advance of an Event) and doing general jobs as above
We are always in need of carpenters, plumbers and electricians to help with specific jobs around the site and in our buildings.
TRACTOR AND RIDE-ON MOWER
Operators required: training given! Examples of jobs:
- deliveries to plots from the Trading Hut and of loose manure
- grass cutting along the roads and on the Green
- operating the wood chipper after tree felling
Saturday morning rota from 9.30 to 12.00, weather permitting, from March/April to end of September.