Plotting Our Path
A survey was undertaken to increase the water supply to the plots. It was found not to be practical to run extra pipes from the supply that come in from Glenthorne Ave but a new connection was made from the main in Shirley Ave. As a result of this extra expense the rent for ten rod plots were raised to 14 shillings. It took until 1949 to complete the extra water supply. The committee continued with their improvements of the site and installed calor gas and light in the canteen. This expense was covered by the profits from the canteen and the trading hut.